You can enjoy a variety of courses in our classroom training sessions, however with the practical sessions you get access to our full fleet of vessels. This is a great opportunity to enjoy boating on vastly different types of craft, from our classic launch Avocet, to the jet skis.
Practical training is conducted in several ways, all of which are relaxed and unhurried. These range from harbour patrols, to dedicated exercises in navigation as well as fun activities such as the summer challenge, where we make the most of the harbour to broaden our skills.
Practical training methods include:
- Poole Harbour patrols in season
- Bournemouth Air Festival Exclusion Zone monitoring
- Occasional exercises with the RNLI and Coastguard, including man overboard
- Brownsea Island annual ‘Round the Island’ swim
- Summer activities on various weekday and weekend evenings.
We believe that our practical opportunities offer a great range of skills, and they all coincide with your Pathway so that classroom and practical training goes hand in hand.