Our new arrival – and a new project.
We would like to welcome a new addition to our fleet of boats – Albatross II.
Recently purchased from North Haven Yacht Club, Albatross was previously employed as a water taxi to ferry club members to and from their boats when moored in the harbour.
She is now to undergo a thorough restoration by Poole MVS and put into use with the unit. As a training vessel she will be used to give members their first taste of boating before progressing on to our larger and more advanced vessels.
We hope to have her ready for MVS use by mid-summer 2019.
What type of work will we carry out on Albatross?
Albatross has spent several years in external storage, and has fallen into a state of disrepair.
MVS volunteers will restore her to full working condition. Some of the work that will be carried out includes:
- Sand down and varnish external wooden fittings
- Sand down and repaint the hull, including anti-fouling
- Waterproof cover to be manufactured and fitted
- Engine to be stripped down and rebuilt
- Trailer axle brakes to be stripped, cleaned and restored to working order.
Progress Check: Albatross Restoration
Quick Facts: Albatross
|Length:||5.50 metres |
|Builder||Foreland Marine, Folkstone|